Перейти к содержанию
Форум химиков на XuMuK.ru

H2S vs CO2.

VKir

Рекомендуемые сообщения

🚑 Решение задач, контроши, рефераты, курсовые и другое! Онлайн сервис помощи учащимся. Цены в 2-3 раза ниже!

Про сжиженное состояние никто и не толкует. 450 атм при 80С. Давление, правда высокое изрядно. 

Откуда из гипса сероводород возьмётся? Только серобактерии какие-нить могут восстановить. 

Да и вопрос не об источнике сероводорода, а о вероятном составе газа.

Я говорю о том, что автор темы рассматривает обратный процесс. А в реале он идет длительным выветриванием гипса водой с углекислым газом, с образованием карбоната и сероводорода.

Может Аверсан внесет ясность?

Я говорю о том, что автор темы рассматривает обратный процесс. А в реале он идет длительным выветриванием гипса водой с углекислым газом, с образованием карбоната и сероводорода.

Может Аверсан внесет ясность?

Нет, сероводорода не будет, карбоната тоже.

Автор говорит ,что в составе метана обнаружен сероводород. Еще говорит, что стенки той полости состоят из известнякового минерала

Я предлагаю рассматривать сероводород, как продукт выветривания гипса. Соответственно предполагаю, что ранее стенки этой полости состояли из гипса, впоследствии перешедшем в известняк.

По этому предположению получается, что сероводород- продукт реакции, и не будет реагировать с известняком.

Автор говорит ,что в составе метана обнаружен сероводород. Еще говорит, что стенки той полости состоят из известнякового минерала

Я предлагаю рассматривать сероводород, как продукт выветривания гипса. Соответственно предполагаю, что ранее стенки этой полости состояли из гипса, впоследствии перешедшем в известняк.

По этому предположению получается, что сероводород- продукт реакции, и не будет реагировать с известняком.

Гипс химически не выветривается. Сульфатредуцирующие бактерии могут быть источником сероводорода, но наверное не при давлении CO2 в 450 ата.

Вообще-то сероводородная кислота чуть слабее угольной, а CaCO3 гораздо менее растворим, чем H2S, т.е. никакой реакции не будет. Тем более там должны быть сухие условия, т.к. при появлении воды, тут же образуется Ca(HCO3)2, который наверняка устойчив при таком давлении CO2. 

Aversun, речь идёт о МЕТАНЕ при давлении 450 бар с примесью H2S (500 м.д.) в ловушке из пористого кальцита. CO2 там нет, и автора волнует - может ли он образоваться при реакции этого примесного H2S с кальцитом. То есть - каково МОЖЕТ быть содержание СО2, если такая реакция идёт.

Сравнивать силы кислот и растворимости солей тут бессмысленно - реагенты находятся в газовой фазе, а расчёт равновесия по термодинамике показывает, что равновесная концентрация СО2 при такой реакции ничтожна.

При чём тут вообще - выветривание? Чистый метан с примесью H2S (CO2 там нет) закачали в ловушку из пористого известняка, спрашивается - за 70 лет сколько СО2 там может образоваться при реакции CaCO3 с H2S?

Изменено пользователем yatcheh

80 deg C, 450bar, no light, time 70M years

Мне показалось, что 70 млн. лет :)

Я вообще понял, что рассматривается процесс в рамках геологической эпохи.

Изменено пользователем Himeck

I've realized today that 900 deg C is needed for reaction CaCO3+H2S=CaS+HOH+CO2. Which is not possible in my conditions so its a crap.

But i did something else:

1. Summary data

Ø  Carbonate reservoir up to 860m length

Ø  Dry biogenic gas; 0.24sg (at reservoir conditions) expected

Ø  Porosity ranging from 13 to 24% and permeability ranging from 10 to 200mD

Ø  Confirmed 200-400ppm of H2S during DST on xxx

Ø  Temperature in the range 54-74 deg C

2. Analysis 2.1. Introduction in the theory

To have a clear understanding of the CO2 formation process we shall review first the process of H2S creation in the carbonate environmental as these to gases are associated to each other.

The three main sources of H2S in hydrocarbon reservoirs are:

Ø  Bacterial or microbial sulphate reduction

Ø  Thermal decomposition of organic sulphur compounds in the oil

Ø  Thermo chemical sulphate reduction (TSR)

Bacterial sulphate reduction is the common source of H2S in recent sediments and low-temperature reservoirs, but generally leads to low levels of H2S in gas (<5%). This source is considered to be limited to temperatures below 80 deg C.

Thermal decomposition of organic-sulphur in oil occurs during heating and petroleum generation but can contribute < 5% H2S to gas because of the limited amount of organic sulphur bound in these materials.

TSR is the only source which contributes high concentrations of H2S. TSR is the thermally driven reaction (225degC > temp > 140degC) of sulphate (anhydrite, CaSO4) with hydrocarbons producing combinations of H2S, carbonate minerals (calcite, CaCO3), CO2, elemental sulphur (S) and water (H2O).

The overall process may be written:

Anhydrite + hydrocarbons à calcite + H2S + H20 + S + CO2

Understanding the specific reactions that occur during TSR is critical to the prediction of H2S / CO2 concentration. For preparation of this particular paper different study were reviewed where authors adopt an integrated approach (gas chemistry, petrography, mineralogy and carbon and sulphur isotope analysis of minerals and gases) to determine which reactions occur during TSR. Even more this document is a short review and summary of the core information explaining the process.

2.2. Chemical approach

Conditions for the TSR are:

Ø  Temperature in the range 140 – 225degC

Ø  Existence of anhydrite as it is only initial sours of S

Ø  Hydrocarbons

Stoichiometrically balanced reactions:

1. CaSO4 + CH4 à CaCO3 + H2S + H2O
  2. CaSO4 + C2H6 à 2CaCO3 + H2S + S + 2H2O

*The initial reaction between hydrocarbon and anhydrite. Similar with C3, C4, C5, C6 and C7.

It is confirmed by modeling that anhydrite and methane are thermodynamically unstable together under most plausible digenetic conditions. Anhydrite and methane are only stable together at either very high ratios of H2S to CH4 fugacity (concentrations) or very high temperatures (> 225deg C).

The above presented reactions continued by:

1. 4S + CH4 + 2H2O à 4H2S + CO2
  2. CaSO4 + 3H2S + CO2 à CaCO3 + 4S + 3H2O

To be noted that the gas data show (Khuff Formation, Abu Dhabi) that alkanes with C2+ are consumed at the earliest stages of TSR. Thus reaction (2) is more favorable then (1). An addition reaction (2) also provides a free S for the reaction (3), which is the most valuable in terms of CO2 formation.

Analyzing that process we can conclude that concentration of H2S is higher in dry gas, but is not increasing too much:

Ø  For instance for the dry gas option (1), one molecule of anhydrite and molecule of methane will give one molecule of H2S.

Ø  Whilst for the wet gas option (2+3) one molecule of anhydrite and two molecule of methane will give five molecules of H2S

Basically that means that with time anhydrite / C2+ / CH4 will be transformed to the calcite / H2S / CO2. Of course reaction will be thermodynamically dependant and therefore will be equilibrated as soon as critical ratio of H2S to CH4 fugacity will be reached.

The CO2 content also increases slightly during TSR. CO2 is consumed by reaction (3), but if reaction (3) is immediately followed by reaction (4) then this should leave CO2 constant. The only way that CO2 can increase is by reactions (2) being followed by reaction (3).

In any case we can see that amount of CO2 produced by reaction (3) is significantly lower than H2S. And therefore concentration of CO2 in the gas will be always lower than H2S.

That is all at the moment. The one more question: 

1. 4S + CH4 + 2H2O à 4H2S + CO2

Does the formula above means that i will get 1/5 of CO2 and 4/5 of H2S????

Охренеть - вопрос. Компликейтед энд диффикулт - эт точно сказано! Что ви хотеть от chemists, там, где geologists должны мазу тянуть?

i didn't get it even thru google translator...

А можно в общих чертах? :)

youtube is locked on my f*cking laptop :/

Насколько я понял - метан, содержащий 500 ppm сероводорода находится в ловушке из пористого кальцита под давлением 450 бар при 80С.

Вопрос - скока там CO2 накопится при реакции сероводорода с кальцитом. 

Exactly!!! BUT:

it is not calcite. It is porous carbonate. Chemically both are the same shit, but molecular structure is different.

У метана критическая температура сжижения -82С вроде, значит там он не в сжиженном состоянии. Of course!

Чет какой-то странный подход. Сероводород рассматривается вроде как продукт выветривания гипсаNot at all. Gypsum: CaSO4*2H2O. Anhidrite CaSO4. I assume that H2S is the product of Anhidrite + CH4 reaction.

И реакция эта:

Какой то обратный процесс выветривания. Только там наверно гидросульфит какой-нить. shall be much more easier. 

Про сжиженное состояние никто и не толкует. 450 атм при 80С. Давление, правда высокое изрядно. what did you expect at 4250m..

Откуда из гипса сероводород возьмётся?thats crap of course Только серобактерии какие-нить могут восстановить. you are right!, BUT it's only one way to get H2S and with concentration less than 5%...

Да и вопрос не об источнике сероводорода, а о вероятном составе газа. yea. however i start to believe that its going together...

Нет, сероводорода не будет, карбоната тоже.

You are wrong. Its confirmed by 10000 wells drilled in carbonate formation. H2S is very common there as well as CO2. Why? i dont yet know exactly.

Автор говорит ,что в составе метана обнаружен сероводород.Yes.  Еще говорит, что стенки той полости состоят из известнякового минералаYES. LIME.

Я предлагаю рассматривать сероводород, как продукт выветривания гипса. i do believe it is anhidrite but not dypsum .  Соответственно предполагаю, что ранее стенки этой полости состояли из гипса, впоследствии перешедшем в известняк. It was 70m years ago. it is shells and other CaCO3 shit. Also, it was an inclusions of gypsum, anhydrite which reacted with hydrocarbons (dyno's) and produce calcite + h2s + co2. Calcite could not be an oil/gas reservoir due to the low porosity. Therefore it is not initial formation, but inclusions.

По этому предположению получается, что сероводород- продукт реакции, и не будет реагировать с известняком. I dont know..

Гипс химически не выветривается. Сульфатредуцирующие бактерии могут быть источником сероводорода, но наверное не при давлении CO2 в 450 ата. It is pressure of gas (methane + h2s + co2 + C2 + C3 and so on. Gas 0.24 sg). but not CO2 exactly. That what i want to find out: CO2 concentration.

Aversun, речь идёт о МЕТАНЕ при давлении 450 бар с примесью H2S (500 м.д.) в ловушке из пористого кальцита. CO2 там нет, и автора волнует - может ли он образоваться при реакции этого примесного H2S с кальцитом. То есть - каково МОЖЕТ быть содержание СО2, если такая реакция идёт.

Сравнивать силы кислот и растворимости солей тут бессмысленно - реагенты находятся в газовой фазе, а расчёт равновесия по термодинамике показывает, что равновесная концентрация СО2 при такой реакции ничтожна.

При чём тут вообще - выветривание? Чистый метан с примесью H2S (CO2 там нет) закачали в ловушку из пористого известняка, спрашивается - за 70 лет сколько СО2 там может образоваться при реакции CaCO3 с H2S?

Close ) 

I will correct a little bit:

We know there is methane with H2S. We don't know is there CO2 (it is different from : "there is no CO2"). I want to predict CO2 presence and concentration in case of presence. 70 million years... it is a Cretaceous period.

But i did something else:

It's not "something", it completely changes the entire landscape!

Initially, you set the goal: "pure methane, 500 ppm of hydrogen sulfide in porous calcium carbonate - how much carbon dioxide will turn out?"

I gave you the scenario for this reaction, calculate the thermodynamics of the process.
Now it turns out that there where some calcium sulphate is present, sulfur loose, extraneous water, CO2 from nowhere... You set unrealistic goals! This is voluntarism! :)
Formulate your problem briefly and clearly, without technical details.

Close ) 

I will correct a little bit:

We know there is methane with H2S. We don't know is there CO2 (it is different from : "there is no CO2"). I want to predict CO2 presence and concentration in case of presence. 70 million years... it is a Cretaceous period.

Епишкин малахай! Sorry - epishkin malakhaj!

Here's something weird... If you have a methane Deposit age of 70 million years - we take a sample of gas, inject into the chromatograph, and he will give you a complete picture of the composition! But if you have no sample gas, where do you get "pure methane with an admixture of hydrogen sulfide" just in 500 ppm ??? What nonsense??? Explain the disposition of more - anything is not clear!

It's not "something", it completely changes the entire landscape! 

Initially, you set the goal: "pure methane, 500 ppm of hydrogen sulfide in porous calcium carbonate - how much carbon dioxide will turn out?"  i said how much CO2 can be there.. The goal is the same... i just started to think where H2S and Co2 came from and it changed the begging of story. But it is still methane inside carbonate formation with 500ppm H2S and unknown ppm of CO2.

I gave you the scenario for this reaction, calculate the thermodynamics of the process.
Now it turns out that there where some calcium sulphate is present, sulfur loose, extraneous water, CO2 from nowhere... You set unrealistic goals! This is voluntarism! :)
Formulate your problem briefly and clearly, without technical details.

Епишкин малахай! Sorry - epishkin malakhaj! wtf?)

Here's something weird... If you have a methane Deposit age of 70 million years - we take a sample of gas, inject into the chromatograph, and he will give you a complete picture of the composition! But if you have no sample gas, where do you get "pure methane with an admixture of hydrogen sulfide" just in 500 ppm ??? What nonsense??? Explain the disposition of more - anything is not clea

I will definitely take the sample of the gas in the lab. Even more i will have chromatograph on the drilling rig. But it will be during the drilling. 

Now why i know that is pure methane. Because geologist analysed data from the wells around. They built a geological model and performed 3D seismic. So we know pressure, length of reservoir and pressure charge from below of reservoir. Knowing that it is easy to calculate specific gravity of gas. which is 0.24sg. Which is almost pure methane at our pressure and temperature. (shortly :)).

We have information about 500ppm H2S from one of the offset wells. Not officially. Other information is completely confidential. Therefore i know only what i told you before.

Can we calculate from formulas CO2 amount? concentration? mol? anything?

1. CaSO4 + CH4 à CaCO3 + H2S + H2O
  2. CaSO4 + C2H6 à 2CaCO3 + H2S + S + 2H2O
  3. 4S + CH4 + 2H2O à 4H2S + CO2
  4. CaSO4 + 3H2S + CO2 à CaCO3 + 4S + 3H2O

I will definitely take the sample of the gas in the lab. Even more i will have chromatograph on the drilling rig. But it will be during the drilling. 

Now why i know that is pure methane. Because geologist analysed data from the wells around. They built a geological model and performed 3D seismic. So we know pressure, length of reservoir and pressure charge from below of reservoir. Knowing that it is easy to calculate specific gravity of gas. which is 0.24sg. Which is almost pure methane at our pressure and temperature. (shortly :)).

We have information about 500ppm H2S from one of the offset wells. Not officially. Other information is completely confidential. Therefore i know only what i told you before.

"Epishkin malakhaj!" is an emotional exclamation that is close in meaning to "damn it!" :)

You have introduced a poor chemist in a delusion... you have an assumption about the composition of the gas trapped in 70 million years in the dungeon. And, presumably known only to the content of hydrogen sulfide. You want to obtain the solution of the inverse problem - "how can carbon dioxide be methane if it contains 500 ppm of hydrogen sulfide?" The composition of rocks, forming a gas trap, presumably known, and that - only at the moment.
With these baseline data, your problem has no solution in the field of chemical science.
But the geologists here can help - they probably have statistics on the composition of the gas in different deposits under different geological conditions. And they can make an educated guess about the composition of your gas.
A "chemical" reasoning on this topic is guesswork.

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйте новый аккаунт в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти
  • Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...