Перейти к содержанию
Форум химиков на XuMuK.ru

H2S vs CO2.

VKir

Рекомендуемые сообщения

🚑 Решение задач, контроши, рефераты, курсовые и другое! Онлайн сервис помощи учащимся. Цены в 2-3 раза ниже!

I agree...but i need it to by equipment based on something. Equipment cost around 10-15m$ and its different for different corrosion environmental. (geologist won't help. they are f*cking idiots :) They can only draw and construct geological models).

is it possible, base on the formula only, to say at which proportion CO2 will be produced? 2%, 0.05% or 20%... ?

1. CaSO4 + CH4 à CaCO3 + H2S + H2O
  2. CaSO4 + C2H6 à 2CaCO3 + H2S + S + 2H2O
  3. 4S + CH4 + 2H2O à 4H2S + CO2
  4. CaSO4 + 3H2S + CO2 à CaCO3 + 4S + 3H2O

I agree...but i need it to by equipment based on something. Equipment cost around 10-15m$ and its different for different corrosion environmental. (geologist won't help. they are f*cking idiots :) They can only draw and construct geological models).

is it possible, base on the formula only, to say at which proportion CO2 will be produced? 2%, 0.05% or 20%... ?

1. CaSO4 + CH4 à CaCO3 + H2S + H2O
  2. CaSO4 + C2H6 à 2CaCO3 + H2S + S + 2H2O
  3. 4S + CH4 + 2H2O à 4H2S + CO2
  4. CaSO4 + 3H2S + CO2 à CaCO3 + 4S + 3H2O

If we proceed from the most General considerations, and based on the assumption of a bacterial origin of hydrogen sulfide, the resulting reaction will be

CaSO4 + CH4 = CaCO3 + H2O + H2S

And the reaction of CaCO3 with hydrogen sulfide was considered, and rejected.

Ergo - the CO2 content in the framework of this model it is assumed negligible. Provided that there are no other sources of CO2. 
As you can see - in itself, the content of hydrogen sulphide does not give us anything, if there are other sources of carbon dioxide.

In other words, hydrogen sulfide is not a marker of the presence/absence of carbon dioxide. Moreover - it is not a measure of its quantity.

Though if to proceed from the most General considerations, the hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide, in a sense, antagonists. 500 ppm (0.05%) is quite a lot. The atmosphere is a significant reduction potential. It is unlikely that in these conditions the carbon dioxide content is more than few tenths of a percent. But this is only the feelings of the chemist :)

Изменено пользователем yatcheh

Как сильно забугорный товарищ мошной трясет!

А не потеряем ли мы Ятчеха для виртуального сообщества? :)

Изменено пользователем Himeck

Hi Guys! 

Sorry for English. Friend (russian) of mine suggested me to use this platform for the chemical related question. Hopefully someone will understand and help me.

I'm working for oil and gas company and i'm going to drill an exploration well at the unknown area.

So, the situation is:

• Well will be drilled down to 4250m TVD/MSL (true vertical depth/mean sea level). Offshore with 1700m of water depth. Thus only 2550m of formation (earth, ground) will be drilled. We will drill thru the claystone, salt and thru the CARBONATE reservoir. 900m of reservoir full of gas.
  • Top of reservoir at 3340m. Bottom at 4200m. Carbonate reservoir.
  • Reservoir is absolutely permeable porous formation. Full of dry gas. Dry gas means Methane. CH4. Concentration is not known. Some small part of C2, C3, C4 can exist, but not to much. Based on the offset data (wells around, to far, but still some information) and geological information (comparison, seismic data and so on) we predict gas with 0.24 s.g. (specific gravity/water) at the reservoir conditions. Note: we use specific gravity, but not density. Methane 0.55SG / air at standard conditions. Or water related if we speak about gas at reservoir conditions. It's simplify other (pressures) calculations on the later stage.
  • Reservoir conditions: 80 deg C, 444bar at 3340m and 464bar at 4200m. Gas 0.24sg/air.
  • Sour gas. Up to 200-500ppm of H2S confirmed by other offset wells in the region. The presence of CO2 is likely in case of H2S occurrence (usual sour gas association in carbonate reservoirs).
Question: 
Is there any way to predict CO2 concentration depending on H2S concentration (%, ppm)?

Thank you guys for any help and explanations!

Dude!

Are you trying to predict what may happen in 70 million years? :lol:

Get real and start drilling :bx:

Филолог подтянулся.

Этот иностранец своим внукам будет рассказывать про сумасшедших русских:)

ИМХО тут нужно учитывать именно геологическую модель формирования полости с газом. Например она могла появится в результате резкого сжатия газа. Это могло быть адиабатическое сжатие с сильным повышением температуры. В результате могли происходить другие процессы.

If we proceed from the most General considerations, and based on the assumption of a bacterial origin of hydrogen sulfide, the resulting reaction will be

CaSO4 + CH4 = CaCO3 + H2O + H2S

And the reaction of CaCO3 with hydrogen sulfide was considered, and rejected.

Ergo - the CO2 content in the framework of this model it is assumed negligible. Provided that there are no other sources of CO2. 
As you can see - in itself, the content of hydrogen sulphide does not give us anything, if there are other sources of carbon dioxide.

In other words, hydrogen sulfide is not a marker of the presence/absence of carbon dioxide. Moreover - it is not a measure of its quantity.

Though if to proceed from the most General considerations, the hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide, in a sense, antagonists. 500 ppm (0.05%) is quite a lot. The atmosphere is a significant reduction potential. It is unlikely that in these conditions the carbon dioxide content is more than few tenths of a percent. But this is only the feelings of the chemist :)

Which is almost in line with feelings of driller :)

Dude!

Are you trying to predict what may happen in 70 million years? :lol:

Get real and start drilling :bx:

thats what we do prior to drill, otherwise https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwater_Horizon_oil_spill

Пы.Сы ленд лиз говоришь :)

Ога, ты ещё ему оккупацию Архангельска в 1918 году припомни   :lol:

Как сильно забугорный товарищ мошной трясет!

А не потеряем ли мы Ятчеха для виртуального сообщества? :)

Я Родиной не торгую!  :ao:

Даже три гранта от Сороса, в 93-м году полученные - честно пропил, а в отчёт вставил то, шо и так уже было опубликовано старшими товарищами.

Изменено пользователем yatcheh

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйте новый аккаунт в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти
  • Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...